1. About the Website a) Welcome to www.corporalfreddies.com (the 'Website'). The Website provides you with an opportunity to browse and purchase various products that have been listed for sale through the Website (the 'Products'). The Website provides this service by way of granting you access to the content on the Website (the 'Purchase Services'). b) The Website is operated by Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co (ABN - 36 429 918 265) . Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies Fine™ Sauce Co. Please read these terms and conditions (the 'Terms') carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately. c) Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms a) You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co in the user interface.
3. Purchase of Products and Returns Policy a) Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies Fine Sauce Co will only provide a refund in the circumstances set out in our Orders & Shipping Policy, or as required by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (as set out in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010).
4. Copyright and Intellectual Property a) The Website, the Products of all the related products of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the site content and compilation of the website (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) (the 'Content') are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co or its contributors.
b) Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer to you: i) the business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co; or ii) the right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design; or iii) a system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a system or process). c) You may not, without the prior written permission of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Content or third party content for any purpose. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
6. General Disclaimer a) You acknowledge that Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co does not make any terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions whatsoever regarding the Products other than provided for pursuant to these Terms. b) Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co will make every effort to ensure a Product is accurately depicted on the Website, however, you acknowledge that sizes, colours and packaging may differ from what is displayed on the Website. c) Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded. d) Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law: i) all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in these Terms are excluded; and ii) Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Purchase Services or the late supply of the Purchase Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise. e) Use of the Website, the Purchase Services, and any of the products of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co is at your own risk. Everything on the Website, the Purchase Services, and the Products of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co, are provided to you on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co make any express or implied representation or warranty about its Content or any products or Purchase Services (including the products or Purchase Services of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following: i) failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records; ii) the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Purchase Service, or any of its Content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website); iii) costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Purchase Services or any of the Products; iv) the Content or operation in respect to links which are provided for the User's convenience; v) any failure to complete a transaction, or any loss arising from e-commerce transacted on the Website; or vi) any defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
7. Limitation of Liability a) Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co's total liability arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the most recent Purchase Price paid by you under these Terms or where you have not paid the Purchase Price, then the total liability of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co is the resupply of information or Purchase Services to you. b) You expressly understand and agree that Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddie™ Fine Sauce Co, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss. c) Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co is not responsible or liable in any manner for any site content (including the Content and Third Party Content) posted on the Website or in connection with the Purchase Services, whether posted or caused by users of the website of Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co, by third parties or by any of the Purchase Services offered by Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™Fine Sauce Co.
8. Indemnity a) You agree to indemnify Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against: i) all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with any Content you post through the Website; ii) any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so and any breach by you or your agents of these Terms; and/or iii) any breach of the Terms.
9. Dispute Resolution a) Compulsory If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought). b) Notice A party to the Terms claiming a dispute ('Dispute') has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute. c) Resolution: On receipt of that notice ('Notice') by that other party, the parties to the Terms ('Parties') must: i) Within 30 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree; ii) If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the Australian Mediation Association or his or her nominee; iii) The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation; iv) The mediation will be held in Victoria, Australia.
d) Confidential All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as "without prejudice" negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
e) Termination of Mediation If 3 months have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
f) Venue and Jurisdiction The Purchase Services offered by Michael Burnell t/a Corporal Freddies™ Fine Sauce Co is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Victoria, Australia.
g) Governing Law The Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Victoria, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
h) Independent Legal Advice Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
i) Severance If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
10. Food Information Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment. If you have or suspect you may have allergies or medical issues which may be affected by certain foods, or, after taking any of our products, find you may have or be experiencing side effects, you should promptly contact your health care provider. Any statements regarding dietary supplements are to be used at your discretion and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.